Sunday, November 30, 2008

My baby turns 13 today!!

Poor Hatley woke up sick this morning. He did manage to eat some tomato/basil soup and a slice of cheesecake (both favorite's of his). Oh, I forgot about the sticky buns and coffee he had for breakfast. Clearly, he's not THAT sick. He took some cold medicine before going with Jeff to the Dallas Star's game tonight. Hopefully, he will make it through the game without feeling too poorly. I will post pictures "through the years" later this week. I carefully selected my favorite photos of him and planned to scan the older ones so that I could post them while he was gone tonight...my scanner had other plans. It won't scan. aargh! So frustrating. I'll have Jeff look at it and get those photos up soon.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SON!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry Hatley is sick! that stinks!

here's the turkey recipe:
-clean the turkey and get the giblets out.
-mince the following herbs(oregano, thyme, sage, majoram anything else you like- you want 1/4 c altogether) and add 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper
-rub the herb mixture all over the turkey and under the skin on the breast
-fill the inside of the turkey with 2 cups of cubed oranges, lemons, onions, and green apples. Also add 10 sprigs of fresh herbs
-add 3 cups of water to the pan and 10 other herb sprigs to the water.
-cook uncovered @ 450 for 50 minutes to brown the skin and then 3 hours @ 350 covered with 2 layers of foil. Add water if it gets dry. Its done when the thermometer says 165 degrees

ENJOY

Anonymous said...

thanks for your kind comments on my blog- love the song... !

i think we are kindred:)